Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life
- Retirement: I don’t know why people say they don’t know what they’ll do when they retire–I haven’t sat still for one day. As a former teacher, I can honestly say that I have not yet realized that I am retired. I suppose it’s like having an endless summer. Between painting, volunteering at the art museum, strength training, hanging with friends who don’t work, gardening, and reading, I really don’t know how I squeezed a job in before!
- Growing Old: Two weeks ago I visited my parents in Pensacola for two weeks. I wanted to be there for my mother’s 86th birthday and to help them with household chores since she tore her knee tendon. My mother still reads the paper aloud and my father watches MSNBC around the clock . . . things never change. On the other hand, we moved my in-laws (she 91 and he 93) into an assisted living facility–quite a pretty nice one as it is in an old mansion. So we’ve been busy with moving them from their condo into their new digs. Upon spotting my father-in-law sitting in his new suite, this old woman asked Dapper G when “he was moving in.” There are only 20% men in the complex! Anyway, I’m quite certain I don’t want to live to be 90 unless I can be totally independent–I best keep up the strength training just in case!
- Computer Usage: I really didn’t realize how much time I was spending on the computer until a friend of mine referred to the computer as a “black hole.” And she’s right because I get sucked right into it every time. So I’ve been trying to limit the time I cruise the Internet, read mail, chat with friends and family on Facebook, and play the 20 games of Words With Friends.
- Blogging: Since I have been vacationing, I have missed blogging and keeping in touch with my blogging community. Funny . . . I have grown attached and feel affection for all of you and often find myself wondering how everyone is getting on. But I’m back for a month and then off to Cuba in October.
So now you know what my everyday life has been like for the past two months. I’m filling that bucket list, running as fast as I can.
Daily Gratitude: family, blogging friendships (CT), el fin de semana
Quote of the Day for YOU: Be happy while you’re living, for you’re a long time dead. ~Scottish Proverb
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life (smkelly8.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life (romceg.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life (jinancitydailyphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life (beijingcityphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly photo challenge: everyday life (keiththegreen.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Urban (thepetalpusher.me)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Everyday Life (scottseyephotos.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life (francineinretirement.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: EVERYDAY LIFE (bopaula.wordpress.com)