I rose early with Dapper G to go to the beach. It was a bit cloudy, but it wasn’t humid nor hot. And what a relief after the grueling heat and humidity we’ve been getting! The boardwalk leading to the beach made pretty silhouettes against the morning sky.
Dapper G was going to catch Spot, a little fish that he uses for bait to catch bigger fish. So I strolled the beach taking photos while he tossed his net.
Clouds provide a great opportunity for good photos, and today they made cotton ball patterns against a cerulean sky. They held the promise of a nice day.
It was a peaceful morning but a little busy with early risers walking dogs, jogging, or strolling like me.
The jetties along the beach are supposed to prevent beach erosion, but nothing can stop a Nor’easter from reclaiming the sand. Mother Nature keeps taking her beach back.
We returned to the dock, down the street from our home, where Dapper G has coffee with all those crazy Republican friends of his and where we have eaten breakfast every weekend for the past twelve years. Hope you all had a great weekend, too!
Daily Gratitude: a peaceful morning, watching the hummingbird, reading in the shade
Quote of the Day for YOU: The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea. ~Isak Dinesen
© Teresita Abad Doebley All rights reserved 2009-2012
- I Like it Looooong Baby! (dancingonseaside.wordpress.com)
- Look of the Day: Beach Stroll (fabsugar.com)
- Beach Erosion Forces State Of Emergency On Plum Island (boston.cbslocal.com)
- State officials meet with Plum Island homeowners as erosion threat grows (boston.com)
- Top 10 European Beaches (essentialtravel.co.uk)
- Top 10 – Britain’s Best Beaches (essentialtravel.co.uk)