Weekly Photo Challenge: Close
I will first apologize to my close friend J- who is an animal activist and doesn’t care for horse racing. But in this case my 93-year old father-in-law wins.
For the past four years, I’ve been betting on the Triple Crown with my father-in-law. It’s something I share with him, besides being his daughter-in-law. We have our back-and-forth phone calls to plan and determine our $$ bets and have a few chuckles over it in the end, even though our winning record is only about 50%.
I believe it’s important to find closeness with those with whom you come in contact–even if it’s just something that seems insignificant like horse racing. It’s what grounds me, anyway, and reminds me that we all share the same ultimate goals in life: love and happiness.
Today I will be sharing the day kayaking with former colleagues, good friends. I am certain there’ll be lots of laughter, comfortable silences, and updates on our lives as we traverse the four-hour trip down the Wading River.
Daily Gratitude: so far a beautiful morning, the cat asleep at the foot of the bed
Quote of the Day for YOU: I like her because she smiles at me and means it. ~Anonymous
© Teresita Abad Doebley All rights reserved 2009-2012.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Close (tayineurope.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Close (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Close (knitreadclick.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge CLOSE (postadaychallenge2011.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Close (beyondpaisley.net)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Close (mikevictorinophotography.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Close (buluabu.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: CLOSE (wheresmytbackandotherstories.wordpress.com)
- weekly photo challenge: close (tostir.wordpress.com)