Air Pollution and Scented Flowers
In one of my gardening magazines, I read that Penn State was doing a study on air pollution and honey bees. It seems that air pollution blocks the scent of flowers making it difficult for the honeybees to find nectar. Does your garden provide nectar for bees and hummingbirds?
Daily Gratitude: small bundles of fresh lavender, busy bumblebees in the garden, fresh flounder
Quote of the Day for YOU: When the bee comes to your house, let her have beer; you may want to visit the bee’s house some day. ~Congo Proverb
© Teresita Abad Doebley All rights reserved 2009-2012.
- High air pollution increases risk of repeated heart attacks by over 40 percent (medicalxpress.com)
- China says only it has right to monitor air pollution (eco-business.com)
- Asthma and Indoor Air Pollution (everydayhealth.com)
- China tells US to stop reporting pollution (chinadailymail.com)
- Pollutionwatch: UK experienced top levels of air pollution in March (guardian.co.uk)
- Spiderwort – Radiation and Pollution Detector (everlastingloveofflowers.wordpress.com)
- Indoor Air Pollution (hed320.wordpress.com)