In the Pink
Good news from my doctor–no cholesterol pills needed! Every time the threat looms overhead, I exercise and diet like crazy! And each time the result is that my cholesterol goes down. Hmm . . . Anyway, so glad to know that my health is in the pink!
Daily Gratitude: a great total-body workout
Interesting facts about the color pink:
- Bright pinks, like the color red, stimulate energy and can increase the blood pressure, respiration, heartbeat, and pulse rate. They also encourage action and confidence.
- Pink has been used in prison holding cells to effectively reduce erratic behavior.
- The pink ribbon is an internationally recognized symbol of hope and awareness in the fight against breast cancer.
- In Japan, the color pink has a masculine association. The annual spring blooming of the pink-blossomed cherry trees (the Sakura) is said to represent the young Japanese warriors who fell in battle in the prime of life (the Samurai).
- Jaipur City is a foremost tourist attraction in India because of its superlative forts, grandiose palaces, vivacious temples, multicolored bazaars, pulsating streets, and its distinguished pink color to which the city owes its oft-used name “The Pink City”. Learn more about this colorful city
- The Chinese had not recognized the color pink until they had contact with Western culture and the Chinese word for pink translates as “foreign color.”
- Marrakesh is another city associated with the color pink. It is sometimes refered to as the “Rose City” because of its salmon-pink colored buildings and the red clay of its terrain. Learn more about the Rose City
- Must-see film: Pink Ribbons, Inc (worldtruthtoday.wordpress.com)
- Bright lights in the pink city!!!! (travelpod.com)
- The Complex Meaning of the Pink Ribbon (blogher.com)
- Think Pink? Not Necessarily (britdarby.com)
- Blush to Bold: Pink Accents & Focal Points (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Blooming Thursday: The Color of the Day is Pink (gardeningnirvana.wordpress.com)
- Pink City that has lost it’s charm – Jaipur, India (travelpod.com)
- Non – HDL cholesterol level and statins (gasstationwithoutpumps.wordpress.com)
- I Don’t Forsee a Future with a Light Pink Cadillac (collectionsofthoughts.wordpress.com)
- Feeling Green (elizadreams.wordpress.com)
- Talking Pink Elephants! (weeklyworldnews.com)
- ‘Pink Slime’ Contributes to Economic Decline (menopausemaniac.com)
- Pink Flamingos (needlepointland.com)
- Gerard Butler Goes Pink Post Rehab! (celebs.gather.com)
- Event: Pink Fringe comedy weekend (March) (janefae.wordpress.com)
- Pink Slime- What’s the Real Deal? (pittsburgh.cbslocal.com)