Take a Closer Look at Your Garden
If you look closely, there are several things going on with these plants.
- The green lichen on the branch is a sign that the air quality within the environment is good.
- The tree is beginning to bud.
- The yellowing of the pine needles does not necessarily mean that the conifer is unhealthy; some needles discolor as they age and the needles will eventually drop.
Now is the time to assess your garden’s needs. If you took notes of problems in the fall (you did, didn’t you?), you can address problems with diseases early as some *pesticides are pre-emergent.
*Note: make a concerted effort to find organic methods for treating plant and tree problems.
Daily Gratitude: seeing a beautiful, female Terrapin turtle
© Teresita Abad Doebley All rights reserved 2009-2012.
- what can i do to increase pine needle growth on pine trees? (greenanswers.com)
- Build A Lovely Pesticides Flower garden With These Tips (boldstate.com)
- Organic Gardening (osolutions.wordpress.com)