Postaday2011: How’d I Do?
- Why did you start the Post a Day/Week Challenge? It was a fun challenge.
- Describe the state of your blog at the time you started the challenge. It was, and still is, a photoblog.
- How did your blog evolve over the course of the challenge? I began adding a few blurbs–nothing more.
- Did you post as often as you had hoped? Why or why not? I never missed a day–sometimes I posted twice in one day.
- What type of blogging strategy works best for you? Planning writing around a photograph taken the day before, and then publishing in the morning.
- If you could go back to the beginning, what would you do differently? Nada.
- What are you most proud of accomplishing this year? Making a lot of new friends.
- Name 3 great blogs you discovered through the challenge. Oh . . . this is so not fair! There are so many great blogs, blogs with different topics. One blogger who doesn’t get enough exposure and who should have been Freshly Pressed is Drinks Well With Others—no one could be so witty and intelligent with words all the time–except for this writer.
- What surprised you about the challenge? What surprised me is the number of bloggers committed to The Challenge.
- What advice would you give to others who want to blog regularly? Finding topics to write about was not a problem for me as I got my inspiration from my photos. For those who had difficulty, make a list of topics you’d like to write about. Just write from the heart, your stream of consciousness. Be silly. Be yourself.
- What are your blogging goals for 2012? To spend less time on the computer and more time being creative outdoors taking photos for my blog. It won’t be a daily commitment.
Daily Gratitude: a 3 1/2 hour hike today