Felt Christmas Tree Craft for Kids
A few years ago, I found some green felt yardage at the thrift store. Trying to think of how I could use this for the holidays, I came up with the idea to make Christmas Trees with my students.
- green felt or fleece or other stretchy green fabric
- toilet paper tubes
- hot glue–for adult only
- Elmer’s glue
- plastic beads or sequins
- Hot glue one toilet paper tube to the middle of a piece of cardboard.
- Cut one 6-inch round, one 5-inch round, two 4-inch rounds. For younger children, trace circles for them to cut.
- To affix them to the tube, score an X in the middle of each round and stretch them over the tube.
- Make cone shapes for the top of the tree and affix with hot glue.
- Hot glue a yellow star to the top–use yellow foam.
- Let each student decorate a tree using white paint, plastic beads and glitter.
- Have the children pour Elmer’s glue to the cardboard base and give them a handful of poly fiber fill to use as snow.